Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Fools!

 Hi everyone! It's Libby. Most of you probably know that yesterday was April Fools Day. Well, I didn't plan on celebrating this holiday barely at all. But,you never can tell.
 So, I was just at home, playing on my phone, (you see, Marie-Grace was over at the Walkers for the day ) so I had just about nothing to do. It was weird, because once I thought I herd someone coming in, but when I looked up and called I didn't see or hear a thing.
 After oh, I don't know, about a half hour, I herd the door slam and my friend Liz Miller shout: "Hey Libby! You in here? Is it all right if I come in and play with you? I've got two free hours!" I looked up in surprise. "All, right, I guess. But first, can I finish this game?" "Don't mind!" said Liz plopping down to pet the dogs.
  In about two minuets I hopped down and said: "So, have any idea what you want to do or did you just-" I stopped short both in body and words. "Liz, why can't I walk anywhere?"
 Liz was snickering. I twisted about and started laughing myself. My ankles were tied to the rungs of the bunk bed ladder with string! It was so funny looking I couldn't stop giggling!

 Liz assisted in the uniting processes. While uniting me explained that she had been the person coming in earlier. "I wanted to prove that when you're on your phone it's exactly as if you're asleep! I did it too!"
 Then, while Liz looked at "Gigglets" I played a trick on her.
 I stuffed the toes of her shoes with tissue paper!
 "Hey Liz, let's go outside!" Liz looked up, surprised, then said dubiously: "It's kind of cold." You can wear Marie's coat and it's not all that cold, come on Liz, it'll be fun!" I replied, all in one breath.  "All right" she said, still looking at me a little strangely.
 When she was ready to get on her shoes, I tried desperately  to get her attention. "Look Liz, I can do the splits! Well, kind of."  "That's cool Libby, really cool. Hey, do you know why my shoes won't get on?"
 Then, finding the stuff in her shoes said: "Libby, you had something to do with this, didn't you?"
 Then, like Liz, I started laughing hysterically while Liz pulled tissue paper from her shoes. "You know, I'd still like to go outside." I said. Liz agreed, and so out we went.
 "So," said Liz, once we were outside, "anything special you wanted to do outside?" " Let's just, uh, walk  around a little." 
 So we walked and walked and walked until we finally walked around a tree and beheld this strange sight.
 "Libby, I know those are marshmallows." proclaimed Liz in a slightly exasperated tone. "So they are!" I said, a wee bit disappointed that she had figured it out so quickly. "Let's eat them!"
 "Hey, Libby," "What?" I asked, turning to face her while swallowing my last marshmallow. "Libby, I think you just eat a bug." I stared at her for about 20 seconds then started talking. "What! Why didn't you tell me?! I am not accustomed to eating bugs and I did not exactly want to start today! What kind of bug do you think it was anyway?" But Liz was laughing. "Libby, calm down! It was a joke! An April fools day joke!" In about 5 seconds, I was laughing too! "You really got me there Liz! I guess now we're even now aren't we?"
 Later we thought to shake on it.
 Now I think unexpected visits and jokes are so much fun!! What about you?
Do you like jokes and unexpected visits?

No comments:

Post a Comment