Friday, October 18, 2013

A Fall Walk

 Hello, Readers! Yesterday, after my singing lesson, Liberty thought it would be fun to walk our dogs in the park near my teacher's house.
 First, we stopped at the Library and I checked out "A Week in the Woods" which had been recommended to me by a friend.
"Wow, look at that!" said Liberty. "Beautiful, isn't it?" I replied, picking a leaf to press.


At first, when we got to the park we collected some pretty leaves, also to press.  Very soon, Liberty turned that into a game of tag.  So, when we finally settled down to walk our dogs (which had been tied to the fence) we were almost hot.
 "Isn't fall such a blessing?" I asked. "Oh yes," Liberty answered," I can't imagine just skipping from summer to winter. Then again, in winter there's snow, Christmas, seeing Rissa....." she sighed. "So many Blessings."
I started to sing, and Liberty joined me. "When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, When you are discouraged thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings - name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."  "Count your blessings!" we sang as we walked along the path.

What do you do when you go to the park?

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! You took a fall walk just like Elizabeth and I!
    Can't wait 'tell Christmas!
    Chrissa

    ReplyDelete