Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Our Halloween

 Hello lovely Readers! I know this post is very late in coming, but I thought you still might like to know  about our Halloween. Perhaps you don't know, Liberty and I don't celebrate Halloween. Instead we had a prayer and praise time at our house.
 This is something of an unimportant detail, but we had our first frost that morning.
"You see,"I explained to Addy about our pumpkin, "this pumpkin is like our life after we receive Jesus.  He cleans out the bad things in our lives and gives us joy.  Then he gives us a light to tell others about him."
 
 Meanwhile, I could hear Liberty telling Jubilee about the new pictures on our wall.
 We decided that instead of pictures of things like decomposed bodies, monsters or haunted mansions we have pictures of angels, the new heavenly bodies we'll get when we die, heroes of the faith and the mansion Jesus is preparing for us in heaven.
 Just as we were starting to sing some songs and Jubilee was turning cartwheels, 
we heard a knock at the door.
 I answered the door to find a girl about our age standing there.  "I'm guessing you're not handing out candy."  "No," I replied, "we're having a prayer and praise service.  Would you like to join us?"  "Well, I guess so," she answered.  "Trick or treating has been kind of boring anyway."
 She came in and Liberty explained to her about our pumpkin.
 And I showed her our our new pictures.
 "You go to church on Sundays, right?" she asked.  "Yes," I replied turning to look at her.  "Why?"  "Well," said Lizzy (her name as we found out later), "I think... just maybe...I might want to go there someday."
Now, I don't know what you did on Halloween, or what you believe in. However, feel free to think and comment what you like. I won't be as Libby says, "Offended". Well, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment