Friday, November 22, 2013

My Birthday

 I had a wonderful birthday. Even better than expected. Now I know that Libby planed it that way, but at the time I didn't suspect a thing. But I know I've kept you waiting, so I'll get on with my accounting.
 Early in the morning, my sweet sister brought me breakfast in bed.
 Along with it came a card.
 Soon after I finished dressing and doing my hair I herd a shout from the kitchen."Marie!" Libby bellowed from the bottom of the stairs, "We're all out of onion powder. Could you go buy some?" I felt rather glum, but off I went anyway. Libby seemed  extremely determined to get me out of the house. On my birthday too!
 Next I stopped at a craft show called Candy Cane Lane. I was none too eager to return back home, and besides that, I found the craft show quite fascinating. So when I finally did return home, I was amazed by what I found.
 The house had been decorated, my favorite chair was full of presents, and my favorite color (pink) was everywhere.
 A moment later Addy, Libby, Jubilee and Liz emerged from their hiding places (some more gently than others) with cries of "Happy Birthday!" and "Surprise!"  I was absolutely astonished.
 After that we played a few games that no one bothered to take photos of. I did take a moment, however, to pose and show you my new skirt .  Isn't it pretty?
 Next, we had a lovely cake that Libby made herself.
 After cake I opened presents.
 This fun poster was a present from Jubilee.
 Liz had heard that I liked sewing and gave me some lovely fabric.  How considerate!
 Next, I read a card from Addy and Jubilee,
 opened the gift to reveal a pretty purse...
 and at Addy's instruction, opened the purse to find a handful of money.  I certainly appreciated that gift!
 All this time, Liberty had been waiting impatiently.  Now she cried out, throwing out her arms, "Open mine!  I've been waiting forever!"  Laughing, I opened her gift and was delighted with what I found.
 I've wanted ice-skates for months now and I have no idea how Libby found out.
 At the bottom of the box, I also found a suit to wear with my new skates.
 Lastly, we took a group photo.
 Then I handed out balloons to the guests as they went out the door.
 Liberty and I spent the whole next day with some friends, Kirsten and Samantha.  So, altogether, I had an absolutely wonderful birthday!  Do you spend your birthday with friends or family? Have you ever had a surprise party?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!
    Happy late Birthday Marie Grace!
    -McKenna and Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!

    -Meghan at Girlydolltype.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Marie-Grace! It sounds like you had a very pleasant time.

    ~Elizabeth Edwards

    ReplyDelete