Saturday, November 30, 2013

Our Thanksgiving

 Hi! This is Libby. And this is Marie Grace. We decided that on holidays and  occasions we would both write the posts. I in pink. And me in orange. Anyway, to get on with the post.
 For Thanksgiving, Jubilee, Addy, Libby and I drove down to Aurora to see Kristen and Samantha. 
 After a quick lunch, we all watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and The Mayflower Voyage.
 Very soon after the movie, we got to Skype with our cousins, Carissa and Elizabeth. You mean Fruzzies. I  Skyped with Rissa for the longest time.
 I talked with Elizabeth for a long time as well. All the way to dinner, in fact.
 Right before dinner, we were all asked to say three things we were thankful to God for. Comically, Samantha said: "Family, Friends, and Food!" I really liked that.
 I said; " My Cousins, Good books, and an Imagination."
 I also liked what Jubilee said. "I'm thankful for comfortable clothes, cake, and my dog, Red Ribbon."  She explained later that Addy had  made her wear a fancy dress, since it was a holiday.
 Kristen proclaimed that the things she was most thankful for was their new bench, fall, and that they could all be there.
 Addy said,  "Good food, friends, and God's grace."
 I said, "Movies, unnecessary cute things, and - " reaching down to pet my dog, " I'm thankful for Caramel."
 After that, we had our lovely diner of turkey, stuffing, bunt cake and-
 Pumpkin Pie! Yay!
 The next morning we got up at 5:30 (ugh)  and went to Grand Island for the Black Friday Sale. I took a few photos in Menard's. I got a few Christmas presents. Hmmm.....
 When we got back to Kristen and Samantha's house, we had some lovely Hot Cocoa. Soon, however, it was time to go home. As we began the long drive home, I thought we had never had such a lovely Thanksgiving. I couldn't agree more! What did you do for Thanksgiving?


1 comment:

  1. That Skype call was awesome! Elizabeth and I enjoyed talking (and seeing) you both.

    ~Chrissa

    ReplyDelete