Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mardi Gras Masquerade


Hi all! Libby here. Now, I don't know if you've even herd of Mardi Gras. I only know about it from a book I read. This is how the dictionary defined it: a carnival held in some countries on Shrove Tuesday, most famously in New Orleans. Now it just so happens that our friend Liz Miller had also herd of Mardi Gras and had invited us over for a costume party at her house.
 Side Note: This is Marie's newest painting. Isn't it pretty?
 We all forgot about masks. One simply must have masks at a Masquerade mustn't one? So, I photo edited these masks in.
 While Marie-Grace and Liz had a talk...........
 I snagged a cookie from the bowl! Yum!
"You know what?" said Liz to Marie, "I read a book about thieving Indians recently. Hem, hem Libby. Why don't you wait for the rest of us?" "Well than," I replied, "Let's dig in!"
"You know," I remarked, grabbing the last cookie, "At the Mardi Gras party I read about, there was dancing."
"Well then," said Liz, trying to sound grand, "We shalt dance." So we swept around the room, tripping over each other's feet.
After that we played a game called "Don't laugh Copycat!" Here are Our best pictures of that.

Before we had to leave, I had a nice long talk with Liz. I always have lots of fun with her.
Did you Celebrate Mardi Gras?

1 comment: