Monday, December 9, 2013

Saint Nicholas Day

Hello, lovely readers!  Before we proceed with this post we must tell you some of our history so you will know why we labeled this as "Holidays".  That's right! You see, before we moved to the Sandhills here in Ord, we lived in Aurora. Yes, and before that, we lived in Hungary. I was even born in Hungary! Our parents were missionaries there for ten years! Talk about getting homesick!  Anyway, in Hungary, instead of setting out our stockings on Christmas Eve, we would set out our boots on December 5.  And awake the next morning to find what stuff Santa has left us!
As we were getting out of bed, mother took this photo. We are sorry that it is a bit blurry. And I did steal Marie's boots just in case I would get more from Santa that way.
I was privileged to go first. Much to my disappointment. You know I couldn't help it. Yeah, sure. Well anyway, I got some peppermint Hand Gel, A stuffed lamb, An eight pack nail polish, a shell, a fun cat clip, a necklace, and some stickers ( we forgot to take a photo of those ). 
The first thing I got kind of confused me. I guess it's kind of like a painting, but I just sort of color it, with paint. I also got a chicken puppet, some gum, a heart eraser, a spotted shell, a fun necklace, and a teddy bear. I like the Teddy Bear best.
Soon after I painted my nails. Are they not very pretty?
This is kind of random. Mom took a picture of us both holding our new stuffed animals and our dogs.  Is it not funny how we look so different and yet much the same? Well, I guess that's just how sisters are. I guess so. We better get going! It's about time to decorate our house for Christmas! See you soon!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cousins!
    I think it's so fun that you do posts together. Every so often, Elizabeth and I will, but most of the time we do them by ourselves.
    Can't wait to see you!
    ~Chrissa

    ReplyDelete