Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A meal worth having


 Good day pleasant readers! Now, do not think that by this title I mean to brag in any way, for it was I who made my family's lunch yesterday.
 Late this morning, I was reading my history, (and I was almost done I might add), when I herd mother calling me.
 "Marie-grace, would you be willing to make lunch?" "I, Mother?" I asked in surprise, laying down my book,"I've never made a full meal before." "I think you can do it." Mother replied. "All right." I agreed somewhat uncertainly.
 By the way, if you have been wondering were Libby was, she had been invited to spend the morning at Jubilee"s. This was the only picture they bothered to take.
I decided to make spaghetti and muffins. It was harder than I expected.
I did it though!
I'm sad to say, after the food was finished I became rather impatient, waiting for lunchtime. Mother suggested I set the table, centerpiece and all. I had a marvelous time.
When Libby came home, she was surprised to hear I had made lunch. Glancing at the table however, she recoiled. "Wait, is that tea?" Marie, you know I don't drink that." Then she brightened, having noted the smoothie at her place.
Immediately after praying, Libby dug in. "Hey," she exclaimed with her mouth full,"this is really good!"
"Oh, Libby," I laughed , a slight bit shocked at her table manners,"Well, it's time for the second course ." "You're kidding me."said Libby turning towards me. "No".
However, when I served the Warm and Spicy Pumpkin Muffins, Libby made no complaint. In fact, quite on the contrary. "Wow, these are delish!"
"Goodness, Libby." I said, buttering a muffin, "they can't be that good."
"Of course they are!" said Libby, helping herself a second muffin and taking a bite.
"Alright, you two, it's time for the third course." said Mother, standing up. "I didn't prepare a third course." I said, looking up quickly. "I did." she replied, disappearing into the Kitchen.
She soon returned with chocolate  ice cream. What a perfect ending to a perfect meal! 
Do you Like Cooking?

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Marie-Grace! We would have loved to join you for that delicious meal.

    ReplyDelete