Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Captivating County Fair

Good day pleasant readers! Hi all! Libby and Marie-Grace here. A few days ago we had the pleasure of going to the county fair in our area.
The first thing I went to look at was my hummingbird poster, and it is going to the State Fair! Eeeeeeeeee!
 The first thing I went to look at was my cake. And yes, this is a cake. I covered it with fondant. It had got a very good score. At least, one the I was satisfied with.
 Here are some of the other cakes I saw. The green and purple flowered cake was the senior champion as well as being my favorite. Libby liked "the clown cake" best.
 My pie had gotten a blue ribbon. I don't see why! Marie's pies are fab!
At least the judges were smart with her Glazed Lemon Zucchini "cake". It was AMAZ!
Here is the embroidery I put in open class. Also, this Friday, I am putting it in an art show hosted by our church.
We were very happy for our piano teacher when we found her quilt had won first place in open class.
 While Libby looked at some other things, I surveyed the flowers in open class.
"Libby? Do you want to go inspect the animals now? I'm done examining the flowers." "Wow. Marie, isn't this AMAZ? These judges are smart after all."

"Look at the ity, bitty chicken! It's looking right at us!" "I do like ducks." "Doesn't that white one look like a duck in a nursery rhyme book?" "Look at the funny hairdo on that black one! And I used to say your hair looked funny!" 
 I've always wished I could have a rabbit. Me too.
When I was there, I decided all over again: I do not like pigs.
I do like sheep and goats . Our mother used to own goats when she was a little girl.  Does't that sheep on the bottom look like a wrinkled old granny sheep?
I like cows sometimes but not all the time. Fact.  Despite Libby's somewhat dislike of cows, we had a lovely time at the fair.
Have you ever gone to a fair?



P.S. It is now confirmed! We are going to Washington DC sometime in October. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I've gone to the fair one or two times (and that was a long time ago) That looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've gone a few times - but never with anything to enter. Have fun in Washington DC!

    ReplyDelete